Facebook Photobucket button

Pages

Singapore Idol - "The Year I was Born" Show

Wednesday, September 30, 2009 at 10:36 PM
Ok I just came back from my class chalet!
Honestly, even though I slept through the whole afternoon, I'm still too tired to blog. hehehe!
But what the heck, I still watched today's Idol show man!
Besides, they are showing the contestant's baby photos! CUTE!! LOL!
I'll update about the chalet after this post kays?? ;D

So (as usual) the contestants and their song choice:

1. Nurul Huda - Walk like an Egyption "The Bangles"
Good performance! But wow, are the judges hard on my her seh..!
(Buat aku darah up nie! LOL!)
I think she is really comfortable on stage.
Not a good song choice maybe but she can definitely sing.
And she is still so darn cute! HEHE!

2. Justin Jap - Together forever "Rick Astley"
Sounds karaoke-ish and awkward in some parts of the performance. But find him funny sometimes. Goody goody, plus the geekiness in his singing and dances. Pretty much like me! But I can't sing please. My dances can literally kill you. WAHAHA!

3. Tabitha Nauser - Bohemian Rhapsody "Queen"
I don't really like this song in the first place, but I think she carried it well. Hey she got the star looks! And I feel that there's a potential powerful voice of hers waiting to be unleashed!
PLEASE LET IT OUT!
ahahaha!

4. Charle "Stitch" Wong - If Give Love A Bad Name "Bon Jovi"
Okay frankly the singing (to this song) suck. He should not go for rock like what Dick said.
He doesn't have the rock voice so I feel he should go for RnB or anything near that genre.
But I dunno le.. Still figuring what suits him.

5. Sylvia Ratonel - Sweet Child O' Mine "Guns N Roses"
I don't think she suit this kind of genre, however it was a good performance!
But it was a risk that made me worried sick man!
Ok not that sick lah (LOL!) just worried if she's going to impress anyone.
She's one of those few with powerful yet soothing vocals and I like her.

6. Faizal Isa - To the End Of The Road "Boys 2 Men"
Hahaha! one the fashionable ones. The performance was good but not impressive.
Like what Florence said, he manages to choose songs within his abilities
and gliding through every show.
I think he's shy most of the time too lah. Can see it in his eyes. ahahaha!
Still got chance to prove your worthy dude.

7. Fathin Amira - I Love Your Smile "Shanice"
I personally feel she has the best stage presence. And funny too the fact that she bravely approached Ken and made him smile for once..AHAHA! salute you for that Fathin!
But hey you can sing babe + make people smile! ahahaha! keep it up!

8. Mae Sta Maria - Lately "Stevie Wonder"
Best vocals for the ladies I feel. But the performance of the song choice wasn't too impressive.
Maybe its an 80's song that I know nuts about? ahahaha!
Happy anniversary girl!
Your husband came to support, how sweet! =D

9. Malaque Mahdaly - Right Here Waiting "Richard Marx"
The most common song year back for you mat-mat jiwang out there. ahahaha!
Her singing was good but haiyah.. the song like can sooo put you to sleep.
I was Right Here Waiting For The Song To End. LOL!
But hey girl you're still good! Better song choices next round.

10. Duane Ho - I Have Nothing "Whitney Houston"
Ok this guy often makes me confused each time I see him perform.
His performance was only so-so and forgettable
- like now, I forgot how he went about his performance. hahaha!

11. Farhan Shah - Love Will Lead You Back "Kyla"
Hmmm.. I can't seem to tell if he's giving his best shot if every show.
Or is it just his personality? Good singing but.. needs more effort.
One of those contestants that I felt are getting more and more complacent.
C'mon man you can do better!

12. Sezairi Sezali - Faith "George Michael"
The best singing and performance on this show! My fav for today.
Aiyah I got nothing must to say to this guy cos he's already good,
he has the personality and his own unique voice. ahaha!

Alright!
So those who made it through this round are -
Fathin, Duane, Farhan, Nurul, Sylvia, Faizal, Charles, Mae, Sezairi, Tabitha and Malaque!

Yeah I have to say again that their baby pictures are cute!!
ahahaha! sorry I'm a softie when it comes to babies. hehe!
Ken's baby pic was the ultimate one that everyone wants to see..
and boy I had a good laugh! muahahaha!

And I find the 7-11 adverts super lame can? HAHAHA!

I've something to say about Singapore's music (mainstream) industry lah..
If our music wants to be on an international level, or AT LEAST, on asian level,
our music must AT LEAST stop sounding like a National Day song. C'mon man.
The lyrics are good, but the music man - The Music, has no kick at all.
You should get what I mean if you listen to lets say - any song tuned by Timbaland?
There's no standard to match the West.
Even just across our borders,
their music (I'm not talking about the singing) sounds way much better.

So thats it for now.. hehehe!
Still gotta update on my class chalet.
As usual, it involves a lot of "enhancements" on the pictures,
so it'll take some time till the post is ready. hehehe!

Take care! (^^,)


0 comments

Facebook