Facebook Photobucket button

Pages

Random! (Idollogics)

Wednesday, September 9, 2009 at 11:11 PM

09.09.09
Ok I watched Singapore Idol minutes ago.
Yes I got nothing else better to do. muahahahaha!

So below were the contestants in Group 2 and their songs:

1. Sezairi Sezali - Sunday Morning "Maroon 5"
2. Gabrielle Ferdinands - Thinking of You "Katy Perry"
3. Duane Ho - A Little Too Not Over You "David Archuleta"
4. Jonathan Cheok - (I was at the loo, I didn't catch the song name. LOL!)
5. Fathin Amira - Karmastition "Alicia Keys"
6. Sylvia Ratonel - Mercy "Duffy"
7. Faizal Isa - This Love "Maroon 5"
8. Charlene Torres-Tan - Can't Take My Eyes Off You "Frankie Villi"
9. Benjamin Chow - At Last "Etta James"
10. Samantha Lee - Don't Speak "No Doubt"
11. Justin Jap - So Sick "Ne-Yo"
12. Mae Sta Maria - Better In Time "Leona Lewis"

My Favourites!!
Sezairi
His singing is consistent, has a good and unique voice, yes, like what Dick said - he is cool.
Keep up the good performance!
He is my Male Pick!

Fathin
This girl knows how to work the stage man! Fuh~ Good performance for me. Great stage presence! Although I feel she should go with a lighter soulful kind of song. You go girl~!

Sylvia
Vocals wise, this girl is my Female Pick! She has the overall package. I can't really say much. She's good good good. She sings Mercy better than Duffy I think. hehe.

Faizal
Good stage performer, good vocals, however sometimes I do feel he sings "through the nose" lah. =P He can do better. He should have a big fan base by now. Hidhub!! WAHAHA!

Mae
Maria! She is another awesome singer! (Can I have a 2nd Female Pick? hehe!)
Good stage presence! She carried the song well! I LIKE.

My final thoughts..

Benjamin
Honestly, he is not my favourite at first, maybe because of his character which appear to be fake at times. His performance just now, shows me that he improved himself alot. He performed well. He didn't talk back to the judges! (wow). His voice indeed suit jazz songs. You didn't make it through, but you might go far doing singing performances in clubs/bars dude.

Charlene
I was hoping for her to get through can! She is a good singer, good voice! and my only guess she didn't made it is because of song choice AND phone voting. Don't give up Charlene! (:

Justin
A "surprising" winner by phone voting. ahaha! Theres nothing special about his performance honestly. I guess some doctors association or something voted for him hardcore man. Could be all the hospitals and clinics that vote for him. LOL!! Well he better sing like he wants to win in the next round man. Or else medical LEAVE for him! ahahaha!

Duane
Another surprising winner. This one I was really surprised! haha! But don't get me wrong, he is a pretty good singer. Some parts of the song that he sang, was carried well. Work harder dude.

Jonathan and Gabrielle
Both performances was not captivating enough. Like missing something lah.
Wrong song choice maybe?

Samantha
I can see that she was having major stage fright issues. Just wasn't at ease on stage. An ordinary performance lah, but well done for getting that far in the competition.

And ANOTHER surprise?
They decided to pick the 13th contestant to go to next round! I knew it. HAHA!
So instantly I eye-ed on Mae, Nurul and Charlene - poor victims of phone voting. LOL!
But of course among those 3, Mae was the strongest lah.. So yup, she made it through (:

Alright I already sound like a geeky reviewer. I know. muahaha!
Aiyah just my personal review only mahh.. You might have different opinion. hee!
But what the heck. I need something to blog about. WAHAHA!

Gawd tomorrow I'm having a web design workshop at Singapore Art Museum,
get this - from 8.30AM to 4.30PM!

With 2 teabreaks (possibly 3) and a 1.5 hours lunch break..
Can I survive this? O_O
LOL!!

Dunno if I should break fast at home or outside..hmmm.

Take care you guys! (^^,)

0 comments

Facebook