Facebook Photobucket button

Pages

Random! (I think it's random)

Wednesday, September 2, 2009 at 10:37 PM

Hello guys!
First and foremost I apologise for not being able to update as much these days.
It appears that my holidays got filled with tasks I need to attend and settle.
I haven't been going online as ritually as before infact. haha!
So expect interval updates yeah? (:


Earlier today I went for the first web design project meeting.
And it was awkward man. But it went pretty well.
The team from Design school did a good job in coming out with the mock-up designs
and I can see that the sites are fresh and professional.
Being more to aesthetics, I find that the design (for my team) suits my taste.
Although I'm still not quite sure what is needed for submission. hee!

Well they just sent me all the files mock-ups, flash, etc.
So I'm going to see what they've done and try to be in their focus.
Honestly, they've done a great job, and i'll try to be in their support in terms of IT.


Okay updates on raya cookies baking!
Up till now mum has made 5 kinds yaw.. ahaha! ok I try to name them in English kays?

1. Choco Tarts
Butter biscuit cup with chocolate filling. Simple.

2. Chocolate Cookies
Mum's famous hehe! Chocolicious babeh! LOL

3. Kuih Suji
Ok its a type of cookie/biscuit made of "Suji" flour, I think the transliteration for that is "Semolina" flour. ahaha! Aiyah its not plain flour thats for sure. Has a buttery texture & taste.

4. Rice Cereal Biscuit/cookie with Choco coating.
This is actually an experimentation I suggested to mum. ahahaha!
We actually did a test batch first to see how it goes, cos we're worried the rice cereal won't be crispy in one day after coating with chocolate. In the end, mum decided to make more cos it turns out okay. ahaha! But then again its just a one day lapse, dunno about 1 week though :-/ LOL!!

5. Peanut Cookies
This is a recipe by my grandma, and its GOOD! Mum's the handcore fan. ahahaha!
For peanut lovers man!
I made my own variation, (err just 2 pieces. ahaha!) with chocolate coating! muahaha!
NICE also!

INFACT! I suggested mum that the chocolate cookies be dipped into melted chocolate!!
I tried and its damn heavenly I tell you. ahahahah!


But mum said "Don't want lah! .. Everything chocolate lah like that!"
"Dip chocolate definately all nice lah..!" she laughed. ahahahha!

Omg.. I crave chocolate now like never before man. LOL!!

So it's 2 more types to go!
Pineapple Tarts, and a cookie name I can't recall. ahahaha!
It turns out mum made 7 types this year. =.=
Ok just 1 more than originally said, so still okay. haha!


Alright.
The Singapore Idol.

I just watched the show 1.5 hours ago.
Yeah I dunno why what drives me to watch, but I did.
Maybe cos the whole family was watching. muahaha!
Anyways, the performance tonight was rather moderate.
Some of the contestants gave me the chills (the GOOD one), some not.
Some gave me the "WTF? look".. ahaha!

In my opinion, the good ones for that show were,
MJ, Jannah, Farhan, Malaque, Nurul, Tabitha and Syltra.

Below are the sequence of singers and their songs (some songs..haha):

1. Charles "Stitch" Wong - Howie Day "Collide"
2. Frances Maria - Pink "So What"
3. MJ Kuok (didn't catch the song name)
4. Jannah Shaharuddin - Alicia Keys "No One"
5. Farhan Shah - Jonas Brothers "When You Look Me In The Eyes"
6. Ryan Lee - (didn't catch the song name)
7. Malaque Mahdaly - (didn't catch the song name)
8. Nurul Huda - Rihanna "Rehab"
9. Theodore Teow - (didn't catch the song name)
10. Douglas Wong - Fray "How To Save A Life"
11. Tabitha Nauser - "One Night Only" (dunno by who)
12. Syltra Lee - Kt Tunstall "Black Horse And Cherry Tree"

The worse and disappointing performance was by Frances Maria.
SHE CHOSE THE WRONG FREAKIN' SONG!
Pink?! So What?!! What the #$@!?
Its a piano base performance and she chose that song? It sounds awful for sakes!
She can do better, she has a strong voice, instead she chose that fast-paced-no-technique kind of song. Wahlauweh. And that song ANNOYS me alot for some reason. ahaha!
Maria didn't make it through for that bad song choice.. "So What" right? =.=

Although Jannah did not make it (sadly) I thought she chose the right song, cos that song IS piano based. So at least she does not sound bad.

The ones playing guitar will have added advantage, guitars go well with pianos for me personally. If they can sing, then definately they have a higher chance of getting through.

I'm guessing Farhan Shah has fans now, Hidhub confirm chop one of them! WAHAHAHA!
Yeah he's good looking. OMG I sound gay. He sings rather well too, BUT has more potential. Hope he does better next round. Dick says he has no X-factor?

Nurul Huda....
HAIZ. Sad sia she didn't make it through! Not that I find her damn adorable lah (hehehe!) but she can sing what?! Rehab was a hard song to bring, but she managed it well mah.
See lah! Everytime I spot someone to be a fan of, he/she got kicked out. Nabey.
"I used to work at 7-11 you know" (i think thats what she said) ahahaha! she's cute lah can?! Apparently I used to work 7-11 too! muahahaha! Ok shuddup Dane. :P

MJ Kuok. This guy is cool. Has a good voice, good musician, and the potential to bring out more. He looks like one Singapore actor though. ahaha!

Syltra Lee... This girl rocks!
However she looks familiar. Hmmm. Again, hope she does better in the next round.

Ryan Lee.. AHAHAHA! ok I do not wanna be bad, but I guess its alright that he's out.
This guy has an attitude I dislike, which I see during the auditions week. That cost you dude.

Ok dah lah. I do not want to sound like a reviewer here.. ahahahaha!!

SO those who got through.. Charles, MJ, Farhan, Malaque, Tabitha and Syltra.

By now you guys should see the pattern.
Phone Voting - The Guys will win, the Girls lose.
Judges Vote - The Girls might win, the Guys.. may not lose.

My Analysis: Girls tend to support Boys more than Boys support Girls.
SORRY TO SAY, ITS A FACT.

Girls can momentarily go crazy for the boy, crazily pick up the phone and crazily vote.

Boys on the other hand,
can momentarily go crazy for the girl, open eyes and mouth big-big, and they just damn lazy/"bo chap" to vote. LOL!!
So girls - HUGE disadvantage!

Eh I voted on Nurul okay! err.. 1 vote. wahahahaha! But still I voted!! Yeah I voted cos I know girls have to potential to be kicked out by phone voting. But still - she kena kick out! D'oh!
I no need to vote for guys one lah.. got thousands of ogling girls out there voting already. ahahaha!

Okay I write too much today.. muahahahaha! Sorrie.

So tomorrow mum wants me to follow go Geylang Market buy groceries and baking stuff. LOL!
Wahlau... in the morning man! Endurance at its limit! Hope I don't get cranky lah can.
Patience patience! Maybe do the mental preparation before going for that "wet and wild adventure". ahahahaha!

Oklah. Don't know if I'll be updating tomorrow, If I don't you should know why lah kay.
House/Kitchenwork & Web Project...

You guys takecare yeah?! (^^,)

0 comments

Facebook