Facebook Photobucket button

Pages

Random! (Flyers & Bins)

Tuesday, April 21, 2009 at 12:02 AM
Hmmm..
Flyer givers are just tasked to give out flyers huh...
When I received the above flyer, I thought to myself,
Am I really that fat? That guy needs to wear specs lah.
If I lose weight any further i'll be like a bamboo stick. ahaha!
But then again, if a fat person were to receive that, he/she will feel offended. O_O

*ahem ahem*
Flyers is a form of medium with message objectives,
and it is not very cost effective. (PR!!) ahahaha!
Gawd.
PR - Public Relations
Its appearing in my blog for a couple of times now.
Like Farrr's name. LOL! -__0"

So I was waiting for Irna earlier at Bugis to accompany her do her hair. (english hancur. haha!)
So when Dane waits, Dane tends to observe. jeng jeng jeeeng..
ahahahaha!
To occupy myself lah kan..hee
Okay theres this few recycle bins nearby,
so I decided to observe how many people actually use the bins in a period of 10 minutes.
So at the end of it, 5 people used it.
If count me its 6 lah.. I throwed a plastic drink bottle. hehe.
Not bad right?

BUT!
I took a picture at the end also.


This picture tells me a few things..
(See the yellow shoe box)
ONE! This person dunno that the box is paper material.
TWO! Maybe the box can't fit in the small round opening of the bins.
She shy or maybe not strong enough to crush the box lah.
TH-REE! This person just put the box according to the color of the bin. -__-"

Haiyah.
I think the design of the bins above are not effective.
Yes, theres pictures on bin, but its not clear.
The words indicating the material is vertical/on its side/sideways
(oh whatever lah. just see the pic. haha)
NOT CLEAR.

I think its human nature for a person to look & read simple words to do a simple task.
Pictures don't necessarily mean clarity.

I notice that when this person wanna do his/her bit for the environment,
he/she needs to spend around 6 seconds to figure out which bin to throw their rubbish in.
And during that moment, the brain already burned 0.1215413 calories
and used up 15.154721% of the total body energy.

So in the end, the chances of the person (or Singaporean)
throwing the rubbish anyhow, at any bin, is 99.8%.

So to me, the better bins should be like the ones below..


The words maybe sideways/vertical, but at least the colors contrasts against the color of the bin.
Not cluttered-looking, with big lobangs. haha!
Therefore, chances of a person NOT throwing anyhow would significantly improve..hehe!

But some are idiots think recycle bins are are like normal bins. Don't care! Anyhow campak only.
But then again, at least they don't litter la right. ahahaha!

And lastly..


Thats all..

Take care! (:

0 comments

Facebook