Facebook Photobucket button

Pages

Service for Community

Tuesday, March 30, 2010 at 11:47 PM

Helloooo
! ^_^


So how do you like my new look? (my blog lah)
Feel like taking color pencils to color it up? hehe!

So how's your new week coming along?

Goooood?!
Had any holidays overseas?
Been hanging out till sunrise?
Worked like mad and earning money?
Got something new for yourself..?
hahaha!

Well I hope you had a great new week! (:



Last Monday and Tuesday,
I spent both days from 9am to 4pm delivering food rations
to the needy/home-bound individuals for the Eurasion Association,
of course with my one and only Rina (chey chey.. LOL!)
She's my date for 2 days. xD
With thanks to my lecturer Ms Josephine for the opportunity. ^_^

You can't truly know the whole story just by reading the title of a book.
You've to open it up, go deeper into its content
and (by going through it) understand what the story is.

Same goes for Community Service.
We often go on with our lives thinking that everything out there is alright.
Everyone is fine.
But truly and sadly, it is not.
We didn't open ourselves up to take notice of certain minorities living around us. :\

My experience during that 2 days?
From a simple service of delivering food rations, vouchers and money,
I get to see a bigger picture.
And that made me think that we had taken things for granted way too much...

Have you?

We often think about ourselves and not others.
I'm not saying that its wrong to care about ourselves first,
Its basic human nature. Right? That's survival.
But we also have to take time to think about others too - to assist when needed.
That's survival for Everyone.

Okay please think about our planet too okayy! hahaha! ^_^
(I'll touch on this issue in another post)

So yeah.. The pictures I took above are just a few..
I wanted to take pictures of us giving the rations to the recipient,
but I think not lah.. Should respect their privacy.
Somemore I'm using my camera phone
(Nokia 5800 - which have no silent mode option when taking pictures. How annoying)
So yeah, you should get my point. (:

So I went to Yishun, Chua Chu Kang, Marsiling, Bukit Gombak, Bukit Panjang, Bukit Batok, Jurong West, Boon Lay, Clementi, Whampoa, Ang Mo Kio, Boon Keng and some other unknown roads/places.
Yup me and Rina kinda covered a big chunk of Singapore in just 2 days.
And through that, we managed to find places never knew existed
and cool spots for photography too! (:

This one area in particular,


The kind of treatment that shopping carts get nowadays. hahaha!
Some are found along corridors and staircases. wahlaoz! xD

Oh yeah.. I thought the community service involves other student voulunteers too,
but it turned out to be only me and Rina, plus 2 other regular (husband-wife) volunteers. haha!
So only 4 of us. Which is practical too..
can't possibly send a bunch of people to the homes of people right?
And the regulars thought we're in for only 1 day.
Cos they said, students usually volunteer for 1 day out of the 2 days to complete the deliveries.
So I don't know what to comment on that lah ya.. teehee!

Okay thats all..
Gonna do something else now.. :\
Probably at home today. Tired to go out. hahaha!

Well you guys take care!

3 more weeks of holidays to go! :D


0 comments

Facebook