Facebook Photobucket button

Pages

Randomm..

Saturday, February 21, 2009 at 3:06 PM

I was on my way to the mamak shop to buy some stuff,
as I was walking, at a nearby playground, there's these 2 cute children, 1 boy 1 girl.
I think they should be siblings, age around 6 and 8 roughly.
There were other children there playing and laughing.
They both were fighting about something I'm not sure what.
I heard only heard something like "not fair not fair!"
then the rest I can't remember cos I think it was cute lah kan.

One thing set me thinking though.
I used to be like them, ALWAYS arguing with my siblings.
4 of us boys when we were young,
would fight, argue over little and stupid things, then cry.. haha!
I'm sure you too right?

For sure, I feel that those moment made us strong.

I realised that the closer you are to that person,
the more you are used to the other person's presence,
the faster and easier you'll get in the, well I call it - Sibling Rivalry Stage.

Just like siblings (cos we always see each other's faces at home),
you will tend to argue, to compete, to challenge each other.

Whats tough is to remain strong
no matter how bad the situation is.
In the case of siblings,
like what people say,
no matter how we try to cut a flowing water, it will never break.
(direct translation from a malay quote..ahaha!)

So me and my brothers are all grown up and more mature now.
The last fight we had was 4 - 5 years ago?
Because now through what happened in the past, we understand each other more.
So I guess we made it through.
But I'm not saying there won't be any fight anymore in future.
Only this time it will be "adult problems".
Yeah I've seen adults (siblings) fighting over, well you guessed it - money.
Money, an object with value that is powerful enough destroy bonds.

In a relationship perspective,
arguments are inevitable.
Because being always with the other person, makes you more comfortable,
more confident to express feelings and views.
Being confident, you'll tend to speak out more.
And that "speaking out more" part, depending on the situation,
will either spark us to love each other more, or to spark fire.

Well it has to depend on other factors too.
Just like Ying & Yang.
Everything should be a balance.
Fire and fire - makes more fire.
Water and fire - it diminishes hatred, fast.
Water and water - well more water lah, which is good.

So if you're a fire type, an obvious partner should one that is of a water type.
Fire and fire won't ever work, unless you are both really super duper strong.
Water and water, my guess, everything would go fine.

Ok enough with the fire and water theory.

My point is, arguments are not really a bad thing.
Yes arguments are frustrating.
But it makes both parties learn from each other.
It all depends on the character of oneself and the other.
Whether or not you're strong enough to continue being with that person.
Inner strength and how much of it varies on different people.
Ability to forgive and forget.
I have my weakness too, and most clearly - not perfect.

Being at home especially after an argument with a sibling,
(no choice what, live same house..haha)
we are actually privileged, cos we will have to face each other somehow.

And I guess time heals everything.

Nowadays, healing depends on the whether the time is right. Sad.

Siblings.
Bestfriends.
Boyfriend/girlfriend.
Husband/wife.
Yup. Theres always something to argue about between each other. Trust me.

Alright enough with this random topic of mine.
Gotta go jamming!! woohoo!

0 comments

Facebook